These 16 Famous Historical Photos Were Actually Heavily Edited
This collection of famous historical photographs prove that the past is packed with lies. What's more crazy about this is that there was no Photoshop back then, so altering these photos took plenty of skill and time.
See for yourself.
1. Hitler had Joseph Goebbels removed in this 1937 photo. It reason why Goebbels fell out of favor with Hitler still remains unknown.
2. Watch removed from World War II Russian flag raising photograph in 1945. The watch suggests that there may have been ‘looting’ before this photo was taken.
3. Winston Churchill's cigar was removed from this photo after smoking was deemed unhealthy.
4. Leon Trotsky was edited out from this photo after being denounced by Vladmir Lenin for siding with the opposition.
5. A good portrait of Ulysses S. Grant was a rarity, so this particular image was made up of three different Grant photographs.
6. Nikolai Yezhov was Joseph Stalin's head of secret police. What's not secret was his removal from this picture after proving disloyal to the leader of the Soviet Union.
7. Abraham Lincoln's body in this particular photo is actually that of John Calhoun.
8. Bo Gu, Senior leader of the Chinese Communist Party, was removed from this image after having a falling out with founding father of the People's Republic of China, Mao Zedong.
9. Benito Mussolini's horse handler was edited out from this photograph to make the dictator appear more of a striking and independent.
10. Grigoriy Nelyubov to be a part of the "Sochi Six," a group of Soviet cosmonauts who were to explore space. He was removed from the photo after he was dismissed from the program for alcohol-related misconduct.
11. Even family members isn't safe from North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un. His uncle, Jang Song-thaek, was removed from this picture after he was executed by under his nephew's order.
12. Canadian Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King removes King George VI, 1939
13. Carlos Franqui was edited out from most photos after he left Cuba, cut ties with Castro and signed a letter condemning the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia.
14. A Fencepost was removed from this photo of the Kent State Massacre, 1970
15. US Olympic Hockey Team adds missing players, 1960
16. General Francis P. Blair added to this photo of General Sherman posing with his generals, circa 1865