27 Awesome Inventions in the Past that Look Ridiculous Today
The hat-radio, portable sauna, mew machine -- these are just some of the inventions in the past that had once awed the masses, and even made their lives easier and fun.
But as the speed of technological innovation increased to a mind-boggling blur, many of these inventions lost their glamour and appeal, and eventually became irrelevant and even look ridiculous and funny today.
Here are the amazing 27 inventions, plus one, in history that'll surely make you scratch your head.
1. Face protector against rain, snow, etc.
2. One wheel motorcycle
3. Dog Restrainer
4. Phone-Answering Robot
5. A brush to shine your scalp and brush your hairy sides
6. Pedestrian safety net
7. The Family Bicycle (plus a sewing machine for Mom or grandma)
8. Curved Barrel Machine Gun for shooting around corners
9. Amphibious bicycle
10. A Mew Machine to scare off the mice
11. Suspended Baby Cage
12. Anti-tire puncture brooms for car owners
13. Hubbard Electrometer to measure the level of pain felt by fruit and vegetables
14. Baby suspender
15. Rainy Day Cigarette Holder. I love to have one.
16. TV glasses
18. Indoor skis
19. Walking device for dogs while you drive your car
20. Roller skates for walking
21. Portable sauna
22. Laryngophone placed against your throat to pick up voice vibrations without responding to background noise.
24. Plastic collar brush designed to dry-clean a child's neck while he played. No soap, no water required.
25. Can't decide whether to walk or take your bike? Use this personal transportation instead.
26. The Double Ender pipe to conserve tobacco.
27. Cigarette Pack Holder. This adds extra cool, right? It can also hasten death.
28. Revolver camera that takes a photo when you fire the gun. This isn't actually included in the ridiculous list. This one still retains its awesomeness. It would be great to have all the guns today installed with a camera. Now wait...