Web News System
Monday, 23 December 2019
33 Rare Photos From The Past You Probably Haven’t Seen Before
There’s a ton of little known photos from history that can tell us a thing or two about our past. Today’s collection is as fascinating as the last two collections.
1. Playing golf on a skyscraper (1932).
2. Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow in Arkansas, USA (circa 1933).
3. 23-year-old Evelyn McHale jumped from the top of the Empire State Building onto a limousine parked below (1947)
4. Bonnie and Clyde in a photo found at one of their hideouts in Joplin, Missouri (1933).
5. In 1940, the average age of an RAF pilot was 20. The strain they're under is evident on the face of Squadron Leader Brian “Sandy” Lane, aged 23. He was killed in combat 2 years later.
6. This is a railroad plough or ‘rail wolf’ that the Germans used to destroy Soviet train tracks as they retreated (1943).
7. Information desk in Trans World Airlines Terminal, John F. Kennedy Airport, New York (1956).
8. Interior of a London Pub (1898).
9. The slums of Washington DC (1940).
10. Bonnie and Clyde’s car following the shootout that ended their lives (May 23, 1934).
11. Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme sitting in an interrogation room after her assassination attempt on Gerald R. Ford (September 5, 1975).
12. Joseph Stalin, Harry Truman and Winston Churchill at the Potsdam Conference (1945).
13. The arsenal of weapons and ammo found in the “death car” of Bonnie and Clyde (May 23, 1934).
14. German American Bund (American Nazis) parade on East 86th St., New York City (October 30, 1939).
15. A stash of approximately 100 tons of gold bullion and art treasures found by General Patton’s army in a salt mine near Merkers, Germany (1945).
16. Boy's reaction as he watched TV for the first time in a store window (1948).
17. Two women workers at the National Shell Filling Factory in Chillwell, Nottinghamshire (1917).
18. Two business owners defending their property during the L.A Riots (1992).
19. The release of Windows 95.
20. Train Derailment at Gare Montparnasse, Paris, France (1895).
21. Opium den, Singapore (1941)
22. An American evacuee punches a South Vietnamese man during the evacuation of Saigon (1975).
23. American tank crews listening to Bernard Herzog story after he was liberated from the camp of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines
24. Store owners arming themselves to defend their stores in Koreatown, LA during the Rodney King Riots (April 30, 1992).
25. Execution by cannon in Iran (circa 19th century).
26. Howard Hughes inside of the H-4 Hercules, which was the largest airplane ever created that time.
27. After learning that women were using their sacks to make clothes for their children, flour mills of the 1930s started using flowered fabric for their sacks.
28. Helen Keller meets Charlie Chaplin in Hollywood (1919).
29. Steve McQueen and James Coburn serve as pallbearers at Bruce Lee's funeral (1973).
30. The last known photo of a Bali tiger (1937).
31. A Coca Cola delivery truck (1909).
32. President John F. Kennedy shaking hands with teenage Bill Clinton (1963).
33. Harry Houdini in chains about to be lowered into the East River (1912)
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)