Web News System
Sunday, 8 December 2019
61 Incredibly Rare Historical Photos That Will Leave You Speechless
We love to gather up interesting photos from the past, most especially those rare ones that have caught up our attention.
was a successful one, all thanks to you. Hopefully you’ll also enjoy today's fascinating collection of rare historical photos.
1. Boxing held in Yankee stadium (1923).
2. A Russian spy laughing moments before his execution (1939).
3. The evacuation of Saigon (1975), in which some 45 UH-1 Hueys and one CH-47 Chinook were pushed overboard to make room for others to land.
4. The first passengers on the newly opened New York subway (1904).
5. Ernest Hemingway having a hearty drink at a Havana bar (date unknown).
6. Princeton students right after a Freshman/Sophomore snowball fight (1893).
7. Policemen inspects a "lumber truck" that reeks of alcohol during prohibition (1926).
8. Archduke Franz Ferdinand with his wife on the day they’re assassinated, which contributed to the start of World War I (1914).
9. A native American looking over the newly completed transcontinental railroad in Nevada (1868).
10. The oldest running car on the planet: the 1884 De Dion, Bouton et Trepardou Dos-à-Dos.
11. A newly liberated French citizen lights Winston Churchill's cigar with enthusiasm (1944).
12. A US soldier offering a hand to a woman leaving a cave during World War II.
13. Queen Elizabeth during her World War 2 service.
14. The last photo of the Titanic before sinking (1912).
15. A pyramid of helmets from captured German soldiers displayed in New York (1918).
16. Construction of Brasilia City. This would later become the capital of Brazil (1960).
17. Boeing 707 doing a barrel roll. When asked about his stunt, the test pilot said: “just trying to sell airplanes.”
18. Niels Bohr and Albert Einstein discussing quantum mechanics (1925).
19. Fidel Castro and Malcolm X (1960).
20. 106-year-old Armenian woman with and AK-47 protecting her home (1990).
21. Star Wars set at lunchtime.
22. A World War 1 submarine washed ashore on the beach in England.
23. William Harley and Arthur Davidson (1914).
24. A German communist being executed in Munich (1919).
25. Muhammad Ali trying to talk sense into a suicidal man (1981).
26. Mt. Rushmore National Memorial under construction (1939).
27. Porsche 911s at the Stuttgart factory (1970)
28. American soldiers discover Manet's painting hidden in the salt mines of Merker, Germany (1945).
29. John Young and Charles Duke training for the Apollo 16 mission in the New Mexico desert.
30. A rebel soldier tosses a grenade into a loyalist position in Burgos, Spain (1936).
31. Anne Frank pokes her head out of her family's flat in Amsterdam (1942).
32. Archaeologist Howard Carter examining the opened sarcophagus of King Tut.
33. Hitler inspecting the massive 800mm “Schwerer Gustav” railway gun - the largest-caliber rifled weapon ever used in combat (1942).
34. Russian soldiers preparing for a gas attack against German positions (1916).
35. Eyes of hate: a photo of Goebbels after finding out his official photographer is of Jewish descent.
36. The first Wal-Mart store opened by Sam Walton in 1962. It was called "Walton's Five and Dime" then.
37. The Boeing B-29 bomber that dropped the nuclear bomb over Hiroshima.
38. Albert Einstein’s work desk. Picture taken the day after his death.
39. B-32 Bomber Factory in Fort Worth, Texas (1944).
40. The Cologne cathedral stand erect amidst the ruins (1944).
41. A very rare photo of a young Winston Churchill (1895).
42. The construction of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco (1937).
43. Pre-Taliban days in Afghanistan when women are still allowed professional careers, university education, etc…
44. Gadget, the very first atomic bomb.
45. The night they ended Prohibition (December 5, 1933).
46. German prisoners marching to Moscow after they were defeated in Belarus (1944).
47. Testing a bulletproof vest (1923).
48. Gas masks for babies being tested at an English hospital (1940).
49. Control room of the UB-110 German submarine (1918).
50. A V-1 flying bomb “buzzbomb” has its eyes over London (1945).
51. Buzz Aldrin's selfie in space (1966).
52. Samuel Reshevsky, age 8, playing against and defeating several chess masters simultaneously in France (1920).
53. USAAF B-25 sinks Japanese destroyer Amatsukaze off the coast of Xiamen, China (1945).
54. An assassin photographed while attacking socialist politician Inejiro Asanuma in Tokyo, Japan (1960).
55. A woman survivor of the Nagasaki bombing (1945).
56. The first Ford car factory in the US (1926).
57. Allied forces mocking Hitler (1945).
58. A US soldier replacing "Adolf-Hitler-Str." sign with "Roosevelt Blvd" in Berlin, Germany (1945).
59. The 2,800 years old kiss.
60. Nine Kings in one photo (1910).
61. Mark Twain visits Nikolai Tesla's lab (1894).
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)