- Mamoud Mohammed was pronounced dead following a row in Rusholme
- Three other teenagers were also stabbed in the incident on Sunday
- Police confirmed a teenager has been arrested on suspicion of murder
A teenager has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a 17-year-old boy was fatally stabbed.
Mamoud Mohammed (left) was pronounced dead at the scene after officers were called to a report of a disturbance on Henbury Street in Rusholme, Manchester, at about 7.15pm on Sunday, Greater Manchester Police said.
Mamoud Mohammed, 17, was fatally stabbed following a row in Moss Side Manchester
It's alleged Mamoud also known as Momo to friends was chased, cornered and then attacked in an alleyway.
On Wednesday, the force said a 16-year-old boy had been arrested on suspicion of murder.
Police say a group of males armed with weapons chased Mamoud and a group of his friends toward the alleyway.
He became separated from his pals and was cornered at the mouth of the alleyway before being stabbed in the chest.
Mamoud staggered into the alleyway but was attacked a second time, leaving him unconscious on the ground.
His attackers fled and the teenager died at the scene despite the efforts of paramedics who tried to revive him.
A police spokesman said four boys, two aged 15 and two 17-year-olds, were previously arrested in connection with the incident but have since been released with no further action.
Three of the boys who were initially arrested suffered minor injuries in the incident and a 16-year-old boy was found close to the scene with potentially life-changing injuries.
Detective Inspector Benjamin Cottam said: 'The very nature of this incident has meant piecing together the exact circumstances is extremely complex and we are following a number of lines of inquiry in order to establish exactly who was involved in Mamoud's murder.
'As part of inquiries, we have now made a further arrest and I hope this action reiterates our commitment to seeking justice for Mamoud.
'I want to be absolutely clear that we will do all that we can to ensure those responsible for his tragic death face justice.
'I would still appeal directly to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident and has any information that could assist us.
'We have now launched a Major Incident Public Portal so that anyone with information in relation to this murder can also submit their information online, anonymously if they wish.
'A family have lost their son and it's vitally important that people do the right thing and come forward.
'Lastly, I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the people of Moss Side, who have rallied around each other over the past few days and have shown great resolve.'
Anyone with information can contact police on 0161 856 9283, or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.