- Technology was released online by genealogy firm MyHeritage
- It improves the resolution of old photographs using machine-learning
- Company claims theirs is best technology in the world for enhancing pictures
- FEMAIL put the claim to the test on pictures of well-known historical gures
- They included Queen Victoria, Abraham Lincoln and author Charlotte Bronte
An incredible online tool transforms grainy black and white photos of famous historical figures, as well as your own ancestors.
The technology, released online by US genealogy firm MyHeritage, dramatically improves the resolution of old photographs and also colorises them.
The company claims it is the best technology in the world for enhancing pictures.
So FEMAIL put the claim to the test by running photos of widely-recognised historical figures through the system.
They included Queen Victoria, the father of the theory of Evolution Charles Darwin and US serial inventor Thomas Edison.