Pages

Sunday, 5 July 2020

Officially no longer a 'royal'? Prince Harry's eco-tourism scheme 'Travalyst' quietly removes 'HRH' when referring to the Duke of Sussex on its website

  • Eco-tourism scheme Travalyst has removed 'HRH' references to Harry, 35, online
  • 'Travalyst' hopes to help the tourism industry survive the coronavirus crisis  
  • Duke and Duchess of Sussex, 38, are shifting focus to the scheme after Megxit
  • In February, Harry and Meghan agreed to stop using the word 'royal' after intense discussions with Buckingham Palace
Prince Harry's eco-tourism scheme Travalyst has quietly removed references to the terms 'HRH' when mentioning the Duke of Sussex online.
Travalyst, which was launched by The Duke, 35, earlier this year, brought together some of the biggest operators in the travel industry - including Visa, Booking.com and Skyscanner - to help travellers pick low carbon options more easily and chose destinations that will have more benefit to local communities.
According to People magazine, the organisation has, it appears, altered the wording of it's website to reflect the step back that Prince Harry has taken from royal life. 
Where the homepage had read that Travalyst is 'led by HRH The Duke of Sussex,' it now simply reads 'led by The Duke of Sussex.' 
Prince Harry's, 35, eco-tourism scheme Travalyst has quietly removed HRH when referring to the Duke of Sussex on it's website
Prince Harry's, 35, eco-tourism scheme Travalyst has quietly removed HRH when referring to the Duke of Sussex on it's website 
Where the organisation's homepage once read that it was 'led by HRH The Duke of Sussex', the references have now been removed
Where the organisation's homepage once read that it was 'led by HRH The Duke of Sussex', the references have now been removed 
The move comes amid reports Prince Harry and Meghan  have filed official paperwork with Companies House to dissolve the royal foundation as they shift their focus to the Prince's eco-tourism scheme 'Travalyst'. 
The company - which has been set up independently - hopes to help the hard-hit tourism industry survive the coronavirus crisis.  
After the travel and tourism industry was hard-hit during the coronavirus crisis, Travalyst now hopes to help rebuild the sector with long-term goals in mind. 
In February, Meghan and Harry announced they would no longer use the word 'royal' and would lose their HRH titles after tense discussions with Buckingham Palace. 
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex agreed to stop using the word 'royal' after intense discussions with Buckingham Palace earlier this year
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex agreed to stop using the word 'royal' after intense discussions with Buckingham Palace earlier this year 
A statement released by Buckingham Palace explained: 'The Sussexes will not use their HRH titles as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family.' 
At the time, the couple release a statement commenting on the decision, writing: 'While The Duke and Duchess are focused on plans to establish a new non-profit organization, given the specific U.K. government rules surrounding use of the word "Royal", it has been therefore agreed that their non-profit organization, when it is announced this Spring, will not be named Sussex Royal Foundation.'  
Prince Harry launched Travalyst during his final engagements as a senior working royal and asked delegates 'just to call him Harry'. 
Before he took to the stage, host Ayesha Hazarika, a former Labour adviser, said: 'He's made it clear that we are all just to call him Harry. So ladies and gentlemen, please give a big, warm, Scottish welcome to Harry.' 
When launching the eco-travel scheme earlier this year, organisers said the Duke had 'made it clear' that 'we are all just to call him Harry'
When launching the eco-travel scheme earlier this year, organisers said the Duke had 'made it clear' that 'we are all just to call him Harry'
It emerged in April that Prince Harry is listed as Prince Henry Charles Albert David, Duke of Sussex in documents registering Travalyst, which will feature a grading system for users to track their carbon emissions.
He appears to have ditched both his HRH title and the royal family name Mountbatten-Windsor. 
The Duke and Duchess are currently living in Tyler Perry's $18 million mansion in Beverely Hills, having stepped back from royal duty at the end of March. 
It comes amid reports that Prince Harry and Meghan are focusing on Travalyst after shutting down their Sussex Royal charity (pictured with their son Archie in September last year)
It comes amid reports that Prince Harry and Meghan are focusing on Travalyst after shutting down their Sussex Royal charity (pictured with their son Archie in September last year) 
The move to drop HRH from the Travalyst website comes after reports the Duke and Duchess will be focusing on the scheme after shutting down their Sussex Royal charity.
An insider told Newsweek: 'Following previous announcements that The Duke and Duchess will not be using the name 'Sussex Royal' and will not continue with a foundation in its name, paperwork has been filed with Companies House and the Charity Commission to formally close the charity down.
'This will appear on the online public record in the coming days. The charity formally enters a period of "solvent liquidation".'

No comments:

Post a comment